Re: Routing private and non-private ips

Lucky,

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, it is simple static
network address translation.  The following commands should give you
static NAT.

Choose an IP in your /29 and make it the public IP.  Choose an IP in the
internal rfc 1918 network and make it the private IP.  Now try the
following:

  ip route add nat pu.bl.ic.ip via pr.iv.at.ip
  ip rule add nat pu.bl.ic.ip from pr.iv.at.ip prio $PRIO
  ip route flush cache

As for the packet filtering, you'll have to make a second set of rules.

You'll need to allow the packet from outside to the public IP and you'll
need to add a second set of rules to allow the packet from outside to the
private IP.

Good luck,

-Martin