static routes number

I'm dealing with loadsharing over multiple interfaces. My goal is setting-up
a a load balanced Linux routing over 16 ppp links, splitting the traffic
toward one destination over multiple "parallel" ppp connections and using
TEQL. I'm going to tune kernel parameters to minimize the problems with
packet reordering, but before setting up the expensive testing environment
(32 cable modems and the switchboard), I'd like to know which is the max
number of configurable static routes (all ones toward the same destination
in my case), if an upper bound exists 'cause I didn't find anything about.

Thanks in advance

Pat