Installation of HTB on Slack v8.0

Hi All,
I'm looking for something to give me possibilty to manage the bandwidth inside my FastEthernet LAN. I found HTB code but I don't know how to install it on my Slack v.8.0 with kernel version 2.4.18 (without any QoS functionality compiled in to kernel). Right now my network is running without any bandwidth limitations. Could any one help me to understand the idea of HTB's class hierarchy? What external pckeges should I download and install? Do I really need "iproute2"? How to compile HTB code (where is the source code to compile?)?
Hope for helping me
Best regads,
Grzegorz "Greg" Skrzypczak
Bezplatne czlonkostwo w Klubie Wakacyjnym
Pierwszy wyjazd za cene serwisowo-rezerwacyjna
http://www.klubwakacyjny.pl/klub_rejestracja.html