Re: Shaping per type/size of connection

> On Fre, 12 Jul 2002, John Bäckstrand wrote:
> >> Perhaps a way to slow down any connection that
exceeds a certain size
> >> would solve both problems. Any suggestions,
pointers or ideas for a
> >> better policy are welcome!
> >
> >WFQ seems to do just this, but in lack of any real
> >implementation there is wrr:
>
> I just tried it, but it didn't seem to work. At least
I could not make out
> any difference between with or without shaping (same
lousy behaviour when
> one host started too much traffic). The clases DID
receive traffic, as far
> as I can tell from a 'tc -s qdisc'. Perhaps I missed
something with the
> parameters and misconfigured it. :-(
>
> But I managed to crash my router several times
(kernel panik) when using the
> wrr-module.

Hmm, Ive been using it a day or so with 2 boxes, no
problems at all, though I havent been able to test with
different amount of traffic if the weighing really
works. Which kernel are you using? Did you ask about
your problems on the wrr mailinglist?

---
John Bäckstrand