Re: Graphing

On Saturday 06 July 2002 16:18, Sahil Gupta - Net4U Limited wrote:
> Stef,
> Are you using SNMP?  We currently have a great model working using
> SNMP/MRTG but, we want to get away from SNMP as it isn't as accurate as we
> would like it to be.  We are really looking for information off the router
> itself.... are you able to shed any light to it?
I use SNMP so I can monitor the box remotely.  But what do you mean with "it
isn't as accurate as we would like it to be.  We are really looking for
information off the router itzelf" ??

MRTG is great to monitor devices, but for custom made monitor, you better
create your own scripts.

I'm leaving for holiday tomorrow morning, so it's possible that you will have
to wait 2 weeks for an answer on you mails.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"