Re: "Bug" in howto 4.2.1 Split access and other advice

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Stef Coene wrote:

> On Friday 05 July 2002 21:05, Arthur van Leeuwen wrote:

> > > export CVSROOT=:pserver:anon@outpost.ds9a.nl:/var/cvsroot
> > > cvs login
> > > CVS password: [enter 'cvs' (without 's)]
> > > cvs co 2.4routing
> > >    password = cvs
> > > vi 2.4routing/2.4routing.sgml
> > >
> > >   :wq
> > >
> > > cvs diff -u > patch
> > > uuencode patch patch | mail -s "HOWTO update"  HOWTO@ds9a.nl

> > On what stuff you found strange, I meant... not on the process of sending
> > in a patch for the HOWTO...
> quoted from my post above :
> quoted from the subject
> Re: [LARTC] "Bug" in howto 4.2.1 Split access and other advice

> So I was talking about chapter 4.2 :
> http://www.lartc.org/HOWTO//cvs/2.4routing/html/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Yeah, that was quite clear. But what did you find particularly strange,
other than the style of writing (for which I'm *not* going to apologize :))?

> > Doei, Arthur. (Jeez, nerds... :))

> A real nerd takes a plane to Canada to talk about traffic shaping :)

No, a real nerd takes a plane to Canada to listen to others talk about
traffic shaping. >:)

> Yesterday a colleague had a problem.  He had a redhat based firewall and
> installed NT4 on it.  After first reboot, lilo was still booting a linux
> kernel even after fdisk'ing the disk.  He couldn't remove the tux-virus :)

Yes? The disk probably wasn't fully wiped by the NT install, nor was the
bootblock cleared. The first will have happened if the kernel was nowhere
near the low end of the disk, the second is one of the lesser known issues
with Microsoft's fdisk: it will only reset the MBR if you use fdisk /mbr .

Doei, Arthur. (Not surprised in the least)

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@sci.kun.nl      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt