Re: burstable with tc

Hi,

I suppose you are using CBQ ?  You can create more classes to achieve it.
> Something like, giving a user a bandwidth restriction of
> 64Kbps to 256Kbps on a 2Mbps network
Gives :
cbq qdisc
  \ bounded class rate = 2Mbps
      \ bounded class rate = 256 Kbps
      |   \ class rate = 64Kbps

      \ other class rate = 512 Kbps
      \ other class rate = 512 Kbps
      \ other class rate = 512 Kbps
      \ ...
But I think it will not the give the results where you are looking for.
Or use htb :)
Htb has a ceil parameter to ceil a class so it does exactly what you want.
With rate you can specify the minimum rate and with ceil the maximum rate.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"