tc filter protocol 47 issues

Hi Group....

Im trying to use tc to filter GRE (protocol 47) traffic. I have all my classes under one parent. I have all my qdiscs and classes setup.
When I use tc to filter GRE traffic it seems to work ok but as soon as I then try to filter IP traffic I get "Invalid argument"
See below

[root@scabeek rc.d]# tc filter add dev eth0 protocol 47 parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip src 192.168.97.245 flowid 1:30
[root@scabeek rc.d]# tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip sport 80 0xffff flowid 1:10
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

If I then delete all tc filters and then I add the IP tc filter first and it is ok. I then try to add the GRE filter and again I get the "Invalid argument"
See below

[root@scabeek rc.d]# tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip sport 80 0xffff flowid 1:10
[root@scabeek rc.d]# tc filter add dev eth0 protocol 47 parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip src 192.168.97.245 flowid 1:30
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

Can I filter both IP and GRE traffic or are they incompatible within tc ??

Cheers

Jeremy