Re: Hammer protection

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use iptables as hammeprotection ?
>
> I want to deny a user who has just logged off .. for about 10seconds.

i think this is a application-logic-thing which can't be implemented that
easy only by one iptables-line
> I tried with this, but that didn't work. Maybe my mind is going
> completely in the wrong direction today? =)
>
> iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -s 0/0 -d $my_ip --dport 21 -m limit
> --limit 10/second --limit-burst 1 --tcp-flags ALL SYN -j ACCEPT

this rule blocks (afaik) every request after the 10th/second, no matter
s.o logged off or on ...
i think what u want must be done on application-level
or with an "magic) (and dirty) script which watches the ftp-log if s.o
loggs off, grep's it's ip and then blocks it for 10 seconds
but that not only sounds ugly :)