Re: how to filter based upon MAC

Adam B. Fineberg wrote:
> It isn't obvious to me from the lartc howto or frmo the tc source how to
> set a filter to send all traffic destined for a specified MAC to a
> particular class.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,
I hardly think it is possible to send traffic for MAC address
to a particular class.
I had tried it myself and failed miserably.
It all started when i wanted to control the "upload" traffic
on my LAN.
I found out (from the lartc HOWTO) ,that you could mark packets
using iptables based on the MAC source for incoming packets,
on an incoming interface.
Then we send these marked packets to a destined class
on the outgoing interface.

The basic problem is that you can only mark packets
based on MAC for packets coming from an ethernet device.

--
arc_of_descent