RE: Re: priomap table

The default priomap doesn't make sense if put as-is in the last column.
Anyway, the default priomap with a current kernel is still the same as in
the documentation and it appears that "Minimize Delay" pings are indeed put
into prio/pfifo_fast band 0, just like the table suggested. The extra layer
of indirection is the fourth column of the table, which originates from I
don't know where.

I was experimenting with a four band prio qdisc. Now that I understand this,
I think I've got to go back to the drawing board. I wondered why my
"Minimize Delay" pings were classified into the second band qdisc.

--
Vik