Re: [LARTC] I thought it was right... please take a look...

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 04:40, Jeremy Nelson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I dont think my script is quite right but I just cant see why. If you could
> have a look at it and let me know if anything is wrong or suggest any
> better ways of making this happen. I have a 256kbit link, I want to give
> half of that (approx 124kbit) to a web site we run and let it burst to the
> full link if the bandwidth is not used (classid 1:10). The other half of
> the link is divided into 4 parts that each have 31kbit. I want these
> classes to be able to burst to half the link (124kbit) if the bandwidth is
> not used (classid 1:20 -> 1:50).
>
> What is happening is that no traffic ever gets over 124kbit/sec even
> traffic that should be in 1:10. My script is below.
The scripts looks ok to me.
Are you sure the filters are working ?  You can check with
tc -s -d class show dev eth0
and hopely the counters of bytes/packets are incrementing.

And what if you make 1:10 the default class and remove all the filters so
packets must end in 1:10?

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org