[LARTC] better solution?

Hi,
I want to introduce QoS in my network, some boxes with a limited bandwidth,
this is the scheme

some boxes -> linux box with qos -> my router's ISP -> WAN

I am reading about all algorithm, and I must guarantee a minimun bandwidth,
and permit use unused bandwidth with a maximum. I see that HTB must be my
option, isn't it?. The linux box must have one or two ethernet? bridge mode?
I must control incoming (dropping packets for slow down bandwidth). sugested
configuration and classes?
thanks,
regards