[LARTC] Failover with 2 ISP's and one ethernet card?

I am trying to figure out how to configure up a failover setup. I have 2
ISP's:
1. Wireless -- up to 2MPS
2. Fractional T1 -  384Kbps

So, I want the wireless interface to be used in preference. The T1
connection comes into a Cisco 1605R router and from there into my external
subnet. The Wireless connection comes straight in (I have no control over
the ISP's router) to the external subnet.  The wireless ISP and T1-ISP
provide different IP addresses to me. Furthermore, the wireless ISP does
not provide any routing protocol data (RIP, OSPF, etc) into my subnet.

My proxy/mail/DNS box has one physical interface, and I want to define
multiple aliases, one for the address  provided by each ISP.

Furthermore, I want my proxy box to failover to using the T1 connection if
the wireless connection goes down.

I have tried to configure this, but the iproute2 commands do not seem to
accept alias names for the device (eg. eth0:2).

Can someone tell me how I should configure this setup?

Thanks!
Simon