Re: [LARTC] Shaping and accounting

Hi. yes afaik you're right: the ipac (for 2.2) and ipac-ng (vor 2.4) "just"
insert iptables-rules in INPUT/OUTPUT/FORWARD, and so they don't see the
"droped/delayed-because-of-shaping" packets..

the only solution i know is ugly and/or unpractiable: read the
interface-stats from /proc/net/dev. but that's only usable, if
1. you have 1. interface/customer
2. you don't need to account certain ports

as i said: it's in most cases no solution...

With Patrick's imq-devices you can at least compute the
"droped/delayed-because-of-shaping" packets: these imq-devices display
in /proc/net/dev the ammount of packets/bytes that SHOULD have deliverd as
RX, and the actual REALLY ammount of packets/bytes delivered to the
interface as TX.

But that's not really useful for your setup :(

Greetings

Tobias