[LARTC] IMQ mark and iptables mark

Ciprian Niculescu wrote:
> hy,
>
> devik said that "iptables -j IMQ" don't do the actual jump but it mark
> the pachets to do the jump at the end of the table, but for my
> information, it makes the mark where in the pachet?

IMQ uses an (until then) unused field in struct sk_buff for the marks
and the device number.

Something unrelated maybe someone can answer:
For reinjecting imq needs to keep struct nf_info, therefor i introduced
a new field in struct sk_buff (nf_info). I thought about using skb->cb,
but i'm not sure if it would be right.
It says "This is owned by whoever has the skb queued ATM." which is not
imq but the qdiscs of course, but none of them are using it and i can't
see why they should. So does anyone know if it would be ok to use it ?

Thanks & Bye,
Patrick