[LARTC] Fwmark problem - policy routing does not work.

> Are you sure it showed you as logged in from 192.168.1.11?  I just
> tried the same setup here, and with either setup you describe, it
> always shows me as having logged in from the primary IP.

Absolutely sure, it only worked with the "to ipaddress" rule.

> The "src" doesn't specify the source IP to put in the packet (it's not
> network address translation, like SNAT in iptables), it just specifies
> which local source IP the routing mechanisms should use to determine
> where to route the packet.

However, somewhere inthe iproute tools this HAS to be possible ...

> If you really want the packets to look like they're coming from
> 192.168.1.11, why don't you just use iptables and SNAT them?

I have thought of that as well, but the socket that has been created should
only listen to the primary IP, so that the source and destination address do
not match.

I was going to try it though, and have already compiled a fully NAT able
kernel (it was not able to previously, because i thought NAT is not necessary)

Also i'm going to contact one of the Policy Routing developers.

Thanks for your help.
- Thilo Schulz