[LARTC] Fwmark problem - policy routing does not work.

> \> So it might be, that the Marks are not being set, i checked that too, i
>
> > replaced the
> > iptables  -t mangle  -A OUTPUT  -m owner --uid-owner 1001 -j MARK
> > --set-mark 1 with
> > iptables  -t mangle  -A OUTPUT  -p tcp --dport 22 -j MARK --set-mark 1
> > - still no success. So I tried placing this rule into the PREROUTING
> > chain (for testing though, INPUT should be absolutely correct), and - oh
> > wonder - no success either ;)
>
> If you do "iptables -L -v -n -t mangle", do the counters increment ?
>
> Stef

Yes, they do.
I am also sure now, that marking is working:
I have tried the same on another host that uses a gateway to access the
internet, but has several ips on the net. If i do not enter the route (via
option) the packets are not reaching their destination, if i am creating
those as a given user, as all other user it does work. If i give the via
option in the "ip route add table thilo src ....." command, the packets are
reaching their destination again - yet even though i have given the source ip
that should have been used, it is still using the primary one.

Could this be a bug in the routing code?

- Thilo Schulz