[LARTC] Routing based on source port - Solution ?

> I have the same problem and tried all possibities i know.
>
> "ip rule" in fact doesnt route based on port because
> IP protocol dont know about ports. BUT u can solve the problem
> by using iptables/ipchains with help of MARKs - as u said.
>
> Unfortinuatly netfilter can only set MARKs in the moment the
> packets travers the INPUT Queue (of corresponding interface).
>
> -->
> netfilter is not able to set mark for _local_ created packets,
> because the INPUT Queue of netfilter is not passed.
>
> => In fact the MARK mechanism can only be used for incoming packets.
>
> In my scenario i would like to do port based routing on local sockets
> i cannot use the MARK feature at all. :(
>

> I dont know of any other method to solve the problem.
> Any other solutions ??

I too have encountered problems with the marking of packets. When I mark
packets destined to port 80 using iptables and dump the traffic using
tcpdump I can see the packet coming into the local interface (eth0) and
leaving the external interface (eth1), getting a reply from the website I'm
trying to visit on eth1 but the reply isnt sent to my computer on the local
interface. I am however using old versions of iptables (1.2.2) and iproute
(20001007) and I have yet to try out a newer version of both iproute and
iptables