[LARTC] Ingress policing

----- Original Message -----
From: "bert hubert" <ahu@ds9a.nl>
To: <lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl>
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [LARTC] Ingress policing

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 05:09:14PM +0200, Jan Coppens wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > Currently, I'm experimenting with ingress policing. Is it possible to
> > attach multiple u32 filters to the same policer or attach one policer to
> > multiple u32 filters? I would like to define a shared meter, so the rate
> > of the traffic that matches any u32 is accumulated. In the
"Edge32-ca-u32"
> > example, they also use a shared meter, but I don't quite understand how
> > it's done. Can someone help me out?
>
> I'm not sure if I really understand you. But I *can* tell you that you do
> not attach policers to filters. The filter contains a policer.

Yes I know, but can multiple filters share the same policer so you police
the traffic that matches those filters. For example, you have a u32 filter
that matches all traffic from host1 and another u32 that matches all traffic
from host2. Now I would like to police both traffic streams so if the sum of
the rates of both streams exceeds a certain rate, the all packets in both
streams are remarked/dropped. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Jan