[LARTC] In & out traffic

Hello, yes this is possible, this is called "ingress policy".

Take a look at the lartc doc, at the end there is somo cookbook examples.
I had it working. You can limit the incoming traffic "killing" some
packets.

Very recently on the list was also published the new IMQ device, which can
do advanced traffic shapping over incoming traffic.

On the other hand, I don't know if in case of semi-duplex mediums, where
the real bandwidth is shared between reception and transmition, it is
possible to limit this real bandwidth (transmit bandwidth dependent of
receive bandwidth). Maybe IMQ is also the solution, I don't know.

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Ali badilli wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have the following test-bed.
>
>   A-----B-----C
>
> Router A,B, and C. Router A has eth0, B has eth0 and
> eth1, and C has eth0.
>
> I can apply TC functions in B (eth0) for traffic
> coming from A, for example limit the link BW to 5Mb
> and divide among multiple clasess. Now, I want to the
> same thing for traffic coming from C and going to A. I
> can have similar action for traffic coming from C in
> eth1. However, it seems the link capacity allocated in
> eth0 is only for incoming traffic (from A), how can I
> specify link capacity for incoming and outgoing
> traffic separately.
>
> In Howto document it seems, all the examples for the
> traffic for outgoing from one interface, Is tehre any
> way to divide the link for incoming and outgoing
> traffic, and apply tc function separately.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Haci

--=20

      __o