[LARTC] bug in new IMQ ?

Hi Simond.

"SIMOND François" schrieb:

> Hello to list and Patrick !
> scuse me first for my bad english:)
>
> I'm using the new IMQ code since 2 days, and it's very efficient!
> but i've experimented a bad problem, that i doesn't manage to resolve.
>
> for example I load these simple rules:

> the result in the syslog is (at the first network activity)
>    "kernel: nf_hook: Verdict = QUEUE."
> and quickly become:
>    "kernel: last message repeated 6 times"

You have compiled your kernel with NETFILTER DEBUGGING, turn it off
and it will disappear.

> the real problem is that I've experimented a silent Crash this morning
> but before using IMQ this machine was rock stable (months without crash)
> the only usable log of it is:

> So, is it a bug, or a misconfiguration ?

Sorry about that, it IS a bug :(
It has been fixed and i will put out a new version tonight.
The problem was that packets passed through non-work-conserving qdiscs
were delivered to dev_queue_xmit_nit twice and somewhere there a NULL
pointer reference occured.

PS: In the future please send bugreports directly to me or at least CC

Bye,
Patrick