[LARTC] htb ceiling

> > tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1 htb default 10 r2q 100
> > tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate 5Mbit burst 15k
> > tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:2 classid 1:40 htb rate 256Kbit ceil 512Kbit
> > burst 15k
> > tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:40 handle 40 sfq perturb 10
> > tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 u32 match ip dst
> > 10.0.0.2 classid 1:40
> >
> >  - this allows 10.0.0.2 to download at 256Kbit, even when it is the only
> > machine doing any downloading.  I can affect this speed by changing the
> > $rate, but changing $ceil has no effect whatsoever.
> The ceil will prevent 10.0.0.2 to download faster then 512 kbit.  The rate
> will say how much 10.0.0.2 can download compare to the other classes (so the
> other lines are also relevant :).

No Stef,
the rate is really measured - it is used as source for DRR weight
(here it is used relative to other classes) and to see whether we
need to borrow from parent - here absolute value matters.
So that the example above should work and give 512k.

Gavin, did you tried with only these classes present ? (to have
maximaly simplified configuration which exhibits it).
If yes and it really does only 256k then post
tc -s {qdisc,class} show dev ethXX outputs ... as usual
devik