[LARTC] imq+htb does no traffic controll

Hello devik,

Am Montag, 25 März 2002 schrieben Sie:
> > #build a root-queue on the imq
> > tc qdisc add dev imq root handle 1: htb default 1
> did you ifconfig imq up !?

Yes, for sure. If the interface were down, the filters could not
put the traffic to the build classes.

> > -how to build a "dont touch" class?
> there is one in htb X:0  (like 1:0). Just use
> default 0 or use flow 1:0 in filters

Oh, that was new to me! I tought i have to put my packets to leave-
classes. Thanks, i´ll try that.

> > -is the pppoe-ethernet critical to pass thru the imq
> hmm ... I don't know interactions here ... probably
> it goes thru imq like all others

ok, then i put it to flow 1:0.

> > -how many prios are allowed? First i had prio 10, 20 and 30 on the
> 4 prios (0-3). First it should be enough, at second: each
> new prio makes htb slower and more memory demanding

i dont need more than that, but i tought the prio backside would
be build at runtime and so i decide to leave space for something
like "more prio than x but less prio than y".
I´m not a great programmer but maybe there would be a way to configure
that at the kernel conf, just like number of unix98-terms or something.

> devik

thanks!
Mario