[LARTC] bandwidth shaping problem...

On Monday 04 March 2002 03:47, Rajesh Revuru wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a simple and straight configuration,
> but iam not able to acheive what i wanted to test.
>
> Please help with the script.
>
> |--------|     |---------|    |--------|     |-------|
> | src    |-----| router1 |----|router2 |-----|dest   |
> |--------|     |---------|    |--------|     |-------|
>
> Test i wanted to do:
>
> Send(using traffic generator)
> TCP traffic 5mb
> UDP traffic 3mb.
>
> At the destination
> To get
> TCP traffic 3mb.
> UDP traffic 1mb.
>

> Iam trying to apply the traffic shaping at the eth1 of
> the router 2.
>
> I wanted to create two classes and of rate=3D3mb for tcp
> 1mb for udp.I am trying to use the filter with fw
> options.
You attached a cbq qdisc to class, bad idea :)

I hope this script does what you want to do (it gives 3 mb to tcp and 1 m=
b to=20
udp.  Both udp and tcp can get 4 mb if there is no other traffic) :

tc qdisc add dev eth1 root 10: cbq bandwidth 100mb
avpkt 1000
tc class add parent 10: classid 10:1 cbq bandwidth
100mb rate 4mb bounded.
tc class add dev eth1 parent 10:1 classid 10:10 cbq
bandwidth 100mb rate 3mb prio 3
tc class add dev eth1 parent 10:1 classid 10:20 cbq
bandwidth 100mb rate 1mb prio 5

tc filter add parent 10: protocol ip prio 3 handle 1 fw
classid 10:10
tc filter add parent 10: protocol ip prio 3 handle 2 fw
classid 10:20

> ipchains -N acc_0
> ipchains -N acc_1
> ipchains -A output -j acc_0 -p tcp -m 1
> ipchains -A output -j acc_1 -p tcp -m 1
Mhh,  I think I know where these commands are from :)

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 More QOS info : http://www.docum.org/