[LARTC] HTB: Filtering flat out not working :(g

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:31:14AM +0100, EGAL Vincent wrote:
> Tim Carr wrote:
>
> I guess that's because your router does masquerading so source addresses
> are changed , and filters don't match.

Exactly - queueing disciplines and their attached filters come *way* after
iptables or ipchains have doen their work.

If you need information from before mangling, you should use fwmark to tag
packets, and then filter based on that fwmark. How to do this is in the
HOWTO.

Regards,

bert

--