[LARTC] Re: measuring queueing delay using iproute2

How about this:
 use tcpdump to record the packets of that class
 match up the incoming and outgoing packets
 take the difference in tcp timestamps

 > From: Radhakrishnan Vijay <vijayr13@yahoo.com>
 > To: lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
 > Subject: [LARTC] measuring queueing delay using iproute2
 >
 > I am using the tc functionality provided by iproute2
 > to setup classes and queueing disciplines. I have a
 > requirement to determine the queueing delay of each
 > packet belonging to a particular class so that i can
 > measure the average queueing delay over a time
 > interval for a particular traffic class. I would be
 > grateful if somebody could give me pointers on how i
 > possibly can achieve this. I suspect that i would have
 > to modify the source code of iproute2 , but am not too
 > sure on what segment of the code i should be
 > modifying.
It won't help to modify iproute2.  It's not doing the forwarding.
It only tells the kernel what you want the kernel to do.