[LARTC] priority bands don't reduce interactive latency?

Il mer, 2002-02-13 alle 16:11, Danny Lepage ha scritto:
> You didn't say if you were using DSL / Cable modem whatever but for

Ok, I will be more esplicit:

main computer --------------- router(486dx2)----------- serial modem 56k

192.168.0.1               192.168.0.10  | dynamic
                          htb max 50kbit| prio

> In this case, you need to do shaping so that the traffic is queued in
> linux, not in the modem.
>
> Have a look at
> http://ds9a.nl/lartc/HOWTO//cvs/2.4routing/output/2.4routing-15.html#ss15.8 for further information.

I started reading the howto even before htb was programmed.
I have done an network examination where I showed how to implement
diffserv using cbq.
I then discovered that cqb was not accurate.
In new howto I discovered htb but it seems that latency goes very high.
I used script from howto. I will publish it if you ask but it seems
there is some serious problem in htb or prio. I am not alone as you can
see.