[LARTC] shaping from ethernets to adsl

>  then the packets appear to get enqueued/dequeued via this new virtual
> device imq

yes that is supposed ;)

> So I could create filters on the imq device
>
> So what rate do I specify to htb? 10Mbs?
> Do I create a 10Mbs class & try to use this for eth0-eth1 comms? via
> iptables --set-mark?
> And a 512Mbs class as a wrapper for all ppp->eth0,1 traffic (adsl download)
> And a 256Mbs class for all eth0,1->ppp (adsl upload)

Exactly. The 10Mbit can be even higher (100Mbit to be sure for example).
For htb2 you can all eth->eth traffic assign to 10:0 which is kind of
magic here: it allows all packets to go at full speed. The you don't
need the first of classes above.

> Then within each class subdivide as per my requirements.
>
> Is this the approach to take?

you caught it :) It is the idea. The script you attached seems ok
but I did only fast sweep over it.

devik