[LARTC] routing network through bastian host

Hello Greg,

The LAN off eth1 will provide public services and is allocated to isp clients.
Hiding is not an option and splitting the net in half will loose too many ip's.
I have been looking into proxy ARP and it looks like the ticket.  However, I
don't know if it is necessary under the following conditions:

1. The default route for a.b.c.0/24 hosts on LAN A use default route a.b.c.3.

2. The default route for a.b.c.0/24 for the cisco is a.b.c.2/29 (I don't know
how to do this!)

3. The following assignments are used:

    T1 to ISP

        | /30 net

+----------------+
| cisco router   |
+----------------+
        | FastEthernet0/0
        | a.b.c.1/29

 (possible switch/hub here in future)

        | a.b.c.2/29
        | eth0
+----------------+
|           eth1 |---a.b.c.3/24-public-net-----> LAN A
| linux box      |
|           eth2 |---192.168.1.0/24-private-net---> LAN B

It seems logical to me that all routing would work with the above configuration.

Proxy ARP looks easy enough though.

David Koski
david@KosmosIsland.com