[LARTC] Thanks !! and Gui to set-up HTB

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1A5B4.97B4CF30

Hi guys,
	First I would like to thank all the guys involved with traffic
shaping on Linux. I have been using it since mid 2001. I first started with
CBQ using cbq-init.v6.2. This got my attention and started to test it. The
results were not that accurate. I then started to see if I could figure it
out for myself by doing it manually but what a nightmare. As you guy's know
the doc's are vapourware! I got a lot of help from the Adv networking HOWTO
and Stef Coene but it still was painful. Then along came HTB!!! I can't tell
you how it changed my life. Thanks devik!!!! you are a star. I hope your htb
get into the mainstream kernel.

I run an ISP and in South Africa where the cost of comms is very expensive
and htb is a life saver. The market is very cut-throat as well. The likes of
Packeteer Sitara and Cache-flow or even Cisco are ( with our currency in the
third world doldrums ) not an option!!!

So now I have HTB and with a few lines of code ( Plus the help of Squid ) I
can beat the above mentioned products.
What I would like to know is would anyone like to sponsor a GUI to set up
HTB. As I have gotten 80% thru the project, and as times are tough in SA any
help would be appreciated. There is a HUGE resistance to Linux here. SA is
MAD on MS and brand names like Cacheflow et al. My thinking was that a Web
based front end to the product would hide the apparent complexities of
Linux/tc/htb etc.
So I wrote a perl script and dot/graphviz output, thanks to the stuff from
Stef Coene and have almost finished it!
Once again Thanks all!

Regards Allan Gee
Equation www.equation.co.za
021 4181777

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1A5B4.97B4CF30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dutf-8">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Thanks !! and Gui to set-up HTB</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi guys,</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>First I =
would like to thank all the guys involved with traffic shaping on =
Linux. I have been using it since mid 2001. I first started with CBQ =
using cbq-init.v6.2. This got my attention and started to test it. The =
results were not that accurate. I then started to see if I could figure =
it out for myself by doing it manually but what a nightmare. As you =
guy's know the doc's are vapourware! I got a lot of help from the Adv =
networking HOWTO and Stef Coene but it still was painful. Then along =
came HTB!!! I can't tell you how it changed my life. Thanks devik!!!! =
you are a star. I hope your htb get into the mainstream =
kernel.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I run an ISP and in South Africa where the cost of =
comms is very expensive and htb is a life saver. The market is very =
cut-throat as well. The likes of Packeteer Sitara and Cache-flow or =
even Cisco are ( with our currency in the third world doldrums ) not an =
option!!!</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>So now I have HTB and with a few lines of code ( Plus =
the help of Squid ) I can beat the above mentioned products. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>What I would like to know is would anyone like to =
sponsor a GUI to set up HTB. As I have gotten 80% thru the project, and =
as times are tough in SA any help would be appreciated. There is a HUGE =
resistance to Linux here. SA is MAD on MS and brand names like =
Cacheflow et al. My thinking was that a Web based front end to the =
product would hide the apparent complexities of Linux/tc/htb =
etc.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>So I wrote a perl script and dot/graphviz output, =
thanks to the stuff from Stef Coene and have almost finished it! =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Once again Thanks all!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Regards Allan Gee</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Equation www.equation.co.za</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>021 4181777</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>