[LARTC] i finally got my bandwidth shaping working

--------------050105000501000101080302

hello
well i haven't prepared any supporting docs but if you want i can write
down what i have done.
basically install the HTB patch available at
http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/
the manual alongwith it is quite comprehensive with clear examples. Use
the same example rulesets (from the manual)  and customise them for your
use.
to do traffic shaping for both incoming and outgoing, use rulesets for
both the interface cards on your gateway machine.
assuming eth1 is being used for internet connectivity and eth0 for lan
connectivity, configure the rulesets for device eth0 to restrict/shape
incoming(from the internet) traffic and configure the rulesets for the
device eth1 to restrict/shape outgoing(to the internet) traffic.

regards /shekhar
NB : if any mistakes please point them out to me.

me here wrote:

> helo
>
> Could u tell me how got it happening if u odnt mind?
>
> or support it with any docs?
>
>   Chandrashekhar Joshi <shekhar@dishatech.com> wrote:
>
>     hello
>
>     thanks to all the help on the mailing list and specially to devik,
>     using htb, i am now able to shape both vpn and and normal traffic.
>

>     thanks
>     shekhar

> Send FREE video
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/>
> emails in Yahoo! Mail
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://mail.yahoo.com/> .

--------------050105000501000101080302

<head>
</head>
hello<br>
well i haven't prepared any supporting docs but if you want i can write down
what i have done.<br>
basically install the HTB patch available at <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/";>http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/</a><br>
the manual alongwith it is quite comprehensive with clear examples. Use the
same example rulesets (from the manual)&nbsp; and customise them for your use.<br>
to do traffic shaping for both incoming and outgoing, use rulesets for both
the interface cards on your gateway machine.<br>
assuming eth1 is being used for internet connectivity and eth0 for lan connectivity,
configure the rulesets for device eth0 to restrict/shape incoming(from the
internet) traffic and configure the rulesets for the device eth1 to restrict/shape
outgoing(to the internet) traffic.<br>
regards /shekhar<br>
NB : if any mistakes please point them out to me.<br>
me here wrote:<br>
hello<br>
thanks to all the help on the mailing list and specially to devik,<br>
using htb, i am now able to shape both vpn and and normal traffic.<br>
thanks<br>
shekhar<br>