[LARTC] prioritizing INCOMING traffic

Hi All,

I am using iptables mangle table to set the TOS bit of several kinds of
traffic in order to give for instance ssh priority above bulk or normal
traffic.

For using ssh sessions from my linux box to a machine on the internet I use:
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ppp0 -p tcp --sport ssh -j TOS --set-tos Minimize-Delay
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o ppp0 -p tcp --dport ssh -j TOS --set-tos Minimize-Delay

Now my question is if the opposite rules do make sense also?
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport ssh -j TOS --set-tos Minimize-Delay
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o ppp0 -p tcp --sport ssh -j TOS --set-tos Minimize-Delay
My intention is to give priority to incoming (from internet to my linux
box) ssh sessions also.

Best regards,

--
Ronald Verlaan