[LARTC] basic question about token bucket filter

Hi there,

I just started playing around with prioritizing traffic. However I do have
some questions left :P

I am using the following setup:
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root handle 1: prio
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:1 handle 10: sfq
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:2 handle 20: tbf rate 61kbit latency 50ms burst 1540
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:3 handle 30: sfq

I use the mangle table of iptables to force the TOS bit (based on the
tcp src or tcp dst port) in order to sent interactive traffic to band 0
(1:1), bulk traffic to band 2 (1:3) and remaining traffic to band 1 (1:2).

This seems to work. I do see packets flow trough the mangle table
(iptables -t mangle -vnL) and I do see interactive traffic go band 0 ,
etc.. (tc -s qdisc ls dev ppp0).

However I do not notice much of a difference. While downloading some linux
kernels a telnet session still slows down a lot :( Any ideas how this
might be possible?

Best regards,

--
Ronald Verlaan