From: Javier Miguel Rodriguez [mailto:javier@talika.fie.us.es]
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 8:25 AM
To: lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
Subject: [LARTC] ip alias and ipchains

Hello

	I am trying to build a highly available firewall. I am using
ultramonkey (http://ultramonkey.sourceforge.net/) and everything works
fine... but I need to do -j MASQ over -i eth0:0 and this does not work.
Here is my network setup

Internet<---- Cluster of Firewalls<---> DMZ
	   eth0:0	eth1:0  =09

		       LAN

The default gateway of LAN is 192.168.2.125 (eth1:0 on both nodes of
cluster, this work greats)

I have a DSL connection to Internet, so I only have a valid IP address
I need to do something like

ipchains -A forward -i eth0:0 -j -s LAN/24 -j MASQ

How can I achieve this? I am using kernel 2.2.20+freeswan 1.92 on both
nodes.

Thank you in advance and greetings from Seville (Spain)!

--=20
Javier Miguel Rodr=EDguez.	(GUFO)

Miembro del grupo Linux de la Facultad de Inform=E1tica de Sevilla     =
-o)
http://talika.fie.us.es/linux                                        =
/\\
Linux Registered User #145051.                                      =
_\_V