AW: [LARTC] advanced routing for 2 internet lines

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a Linux box with two connections to the internet over two routers
> and
> > a private internal network. The linux box does masquerading.
> >

> > internet +----------+ 172.16.0.1        +-------------------+
> >   <----  | Router 1 |-------------------|                   |
> >          +----------+                   |  172.16.0.2       |
> >                                         |                   | eth1
> > 192.168.0.99
> >                                         |  Linux box
> > |----------------------- ... clients ...
> > internet +----------+ 172.16.0.3        |                   |
> >   <----  | Router 2 |-------------------|  routers on eth0  |
> >          +----------+                   |                   |
> >                                         +-------------------+
> >

> > Now I want it to work in the way I'll describe now:
> >
> > Basically, every ip-traffic should work over the default-route
> 172.16.0.1
> > (router 1). But ip-traffic with e.g. destination port 8123 und 8124
> > should work over the 2nd router(172.16.0.3).
> > Certain webservers, like e.g. gmx.com are should ONLY be connected over
> > router 2.
> >
> > To do that, I "invented" following but yet not working solution to it:
> >
> >       ip route add default via 172.16.0.1 dev eth0
> >       ip route add default via 172.16.0.3 dev eth0 table 100
> >       ip rule add fwmark 1 table 100
> >       ip route flush cache
> >
> >       iptables -A OUTPUT -t mangle -p tcp -s 172.16.0.2 --dport 8123 -j
> > MARK --set-mark 1
> >       iptables -A OUTPUT -t mangle -p tcp -s 172.16.0.2 --dport 8124 -j
> > MARK --set-mark 1
> >

> > [..not mentioning masquerading rules etc.. ]
> >
> > The port routing from 8123 and 8124 over the 2nd router works without
> > problems.
> >
> > But how do I create the routing for ftp-traffic and the connecting to
> > certain webservers over the 2nd router?
>
> Well I think you do the same thing but your ftp traffic would have you
> fw marking dport 21 and 20 traffic and your webserver traffic would have
> you fw marking dport 80 traffic to certain dest ip address. Seems simple
> enough unless i am missing something here?

I tried it with this method but didn't have much success.

I noticed this:

If ftp-traffic comes over the 1st router and goes to the ftp-server
172.16.0.2, it seems to work. But if ip-traffic comes over the 2nd router
and goes to the ftpserver,
the answering ipframes coming from the server don't seem to come over the
2nd router - in this case the ftpserver uses the default route over the 1st
router. According to that, a connection never happens.

Similar things seem to happen with the ip-traffic to certain webservers. If
I call the url the first frames come over the 2nd router but after that, the
rest gets lead over the 1st router.

It really doesn't seem to be that easy but I hope you can help me.

Thanks, Dirk