RE: Assertion failure in qemu-char.c

> You also aren't describing if doing anything specifically will cause the
> crash.

Sorry, I've yet to narrow down the exact case that's causing it.  Basically, it's constant use of the vm-channel; I have a binary that will write to the character device at an interval.  If I leave it running with my custom component, it will eventually die with the same backtrace.  I figured providing a core dump would be a good start.

> As an initial step, you could download QEMU 1.7 and try to reproduce the
> bug there.  That would help.

I'll see what I can do with this...I'm assuming getting 1.7 to build against CentOS/RHEL 6.5 will be non-trivial though.  I'll give it a go.

Wes--