Lost TCP/IP connectivity to guests after net changes on the hypervisor

Hi there.

I want to enable DHCP server on the hypervisor, so I followed below procedure:

1. sudo virsh net-edit default
2. I added the dhcp snippet (I will not include it or the message will
be filtered out as spam)
3. sudo virsh net-destroy default;  sudo virsh net-start default
4. Checked:

sudo virsh net-dumpxml

And the DHCP are there, but I completely lost the connectivity:

Hypervsor <-> VM
VM -> Internet

I restarted both VMs and interfaces on the hipervisor without luck. I
checked iptables rules and were there.

I also tried:

sudo service qemu-system-x86 restart
sudo service libvirt-bin restart

And what finally worked was to restart the VMs:

sudo service libvirt-guests restart

There's any other way to complete the procedure without having to
force the shutdown of the VMs?

Thanks

Javier