Re: working kernel config for latest KVM arm

On 18 November 2013 20:39, mail fetch <fetchmail.0104@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Christoffer,
>
> I am able to boot up KVM on arndale board with 3.8 kernel. But I cannot boot
> up the host with latest KVM upstream. I suspect my host config is wrong(i
> use the same one as 3.8 kernel) which is get via "curl
> http://www.virtualopensystems.com/media/arndale/arndale-config > .config".
> Can you tell me how to get a working kernel config and dtb file for latest
> KVM upstream? Thanks

you need to base your config on exynos_defconfig instead, and then
manually tweak the config so you enable KVM and other tools/drivers
you need for getting other peripherals to work.

Note, if you need USB on Arndale on mainline you will also need to
pick up another patch.  Take a look at this branch:
https://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/cdall/linux-kvm-arm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kvm-arm-next-arndale

-Christoffer