virtio-net: how to prevent receiving big packages?

Hi all,

A virtual net interface using virtio_net with TSO on may send big TCP packets (up to 64KB). The receiver will get big packets if it's virtio_net, too. But it will get common packets (according to MTU) if the receiver is e1000 (who re-packaged the data?).

The transfer with big packets is more efficient. But there's something wrong with my "receiver" vm whose net-core has been modified. Strange behaviours came out when it received big packets.

I will look at problems on the modified kernel later. What I want to do now is turning off the feature "can receive big packets" of virtio_net in the guest vm (just like I'm using e1000). Is there an easy way to disable it? Or should I change some code in guest's virtio_net?

Thanks a lot.

--
Best Regards
Wangsitan