Questions on how to reset ID numbers for virt Guests.

I'm doing some experimenting in our Development lab and as a result I'm kickstarting over and over Virtual guests.  This is of course causing the guest Id to increment by one with each test.  I've googled around and tried searching the list but have not found out how (if at all) it would be possible to reset the ID number back to 1 more than is in use.  Also is there  a limit where I run out of ID's? (for example does it only go up to 99?)

--
James Sparenberg
Sys Admin III Linux