VGA passthrough of GTX 660 to KVM guest

Hello everyone,

I started a thread on this list on July 12, named "AMD integrated
graphics passthrough to KVM guest," so if you should have a deja-vu,
that's probably why, since the heart of the problem is still the same.

I've got an AMD A10 6800 APU with integrated graphics, running on aan
ASRock FM2A75 Pro4 mainboard with the latest firmware. Since my last
thread, I've acquired an EVGA GTX 660 graphics card, which I'd like to
pass through to a KVM guest.

I'm following this guide to achieve my goal, including compiling the
suggested patched versions of the kernel, seabios and qemu:

The integrated graphics adapter is the primary one, and the only one
that is used by the host system. nouveau and nvidia modules are
blacklisted and not in lsmod.
lspci -vvv output: http://pastebin.com/S6znCLK7
lspci -t output: http://pastebin.com/YH01atEy

Contrary to what I hoped, invoking
qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -M q35 -m 1024 -cpu host -smp
2,sockets=1,cores=2,threads=1 -bios /usr/share/qemu/bios.bin -vga none
-device ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=1,chassis=1,id=root.1
-device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on
-device vfio-pci,host=01:00.1,bus=root.1,addr=00.1
after assigning the devices to vfio as suggested in the guide, does
not show anything on the display attached to the GTX 660, or even wake
the display up from standby, but instead gives this output on the
console:
qemu-system-x86_64: -device
vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on:
Warning, device 0000:01:00.0 does not support reset
qemu-system-x86_64: -device
vfio-pci,host=01:00.1,bus=root.1,addr=00.1: Warning, device
0000:01:00.1 does not support reset
More often than not, this also completely freezes the host system.

Later in the forum I linked, it is suggested to pass the graphics card
not as the guest's primary, but use pci-assign instead:
qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 2048 -cpu host -smp
2,sockets=1,cores=2,threads=1 -bios /usr/share/qemu/bios.bin -vga std
-vnc :0 -drive file=/mnt/orthowin/current-new.img,format=qcow2
-usbdevice tablet -net user,restrict=y -usb -device
pci-assign,host=01:00.0 -device pci-assign,host=01:00.1

This allows me to boot the Windows 7 64bit guest. After installing the
nVidia drivers, shutting the guest down, rebooting the host and
booting the guest again, the Windows device manager shows "Code 43"
for the graphics card (which even is correctly labelled as GTX 660),
and the nVidia user interface doesn't show any GPU at all.

What could I try to resolve this issue?
I realize that I might have omitted some information that may be
important for troubleshooting, but I'm afraid I'm not experienced
enough to even know what may be relevant. Please let me know if you'd
like to have some further information.
Please also note that I'm not running the latest kernel/qemu/seabios,
so maybe some changes made since I compiled 3.10.1 might help me? If
so, please suggest a commit or release to try. I'm not afraid of
messing up my operating system install, but if anything suggested
might brick the hardware, I'd like to know in advance. :)

I'm very grateful for any kind of input!