Re: FAQ on linux-kvm.org has broken link

Hi,

> 1. Try the latest vanilla kernel on the host (Linux 3.10.5).  This way
>    you can rule out fixed bugs in vhost_net or tap.

For the last two weeks it went fine for a couple of days each time. This
evening was really bad again: uptimes of 5-10 minutes. This is with
3.11-rc4.

> 2. Get the system into the bad state and then do some deeper.  Start
>    with outgoing ping, instrument guest driver and host vhost_net
>    functions to see what the drivers are doing, inspect the transmit
>    vring, etc.
>
> #1 is probably the best next step.  If it fails and you still have time

Yup, very much.

> to work on a solution we can start digging deeper with #2.

I had a small script running with showed the amount of traffic coming
and going out each second. I did not see any increase or decrease in the
amount, only that when the problem happens RX stays but TX goes to 0.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail na wan makriki wrokosani fu tan luku den logfile nanga san
den commando spiti puru. Piki puru spesrutu sani, wroko nanga difrenti