Re: KVM Block Device Driver

On Wed, 08/14 08:19, Spensky, Chad - 0559 - MITLL wrote:
> Fam,
>
>   That's correct, we modified block.c to hook the appropriate functions
> and output the information through a unix socket.  One of the functions
> that we hooked is bdrv_aio_writev, however it seems like the data that we
> are seeing at that point in the callstack is not what actually makes it to
> the disk image for the guest.  The first couple of sectors always seem to
> be the same, however after sector 2 it's a toss up.  I'm guessing there
> may be some sort of caching going on or something, and we appear to be
> missing it.

Your approach sounds right. For you problem, I think it should be
possible to debug using gdb: start qemu in gdb, boot with a live CD, so
no disturbing disk IO by the OS; attach a image to the guest; insert
breakpoint at bdrv_aio_writev, then in guest you can start IO:

    # echo "your data" | dd of=/dev/sda oflag=sync seek=XXX

You should now be at the breakpoint in gdb and you can trace the
your data to the unix socket and compare with the guest io request.

Fam