Re: windows 2008 "falling asleep" under KVM

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 03:06:19PM +0200, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> Hello Gleb,
>
> well, I'm not windows expert at all, but it  shouldn't be.
> same instalation on different host works without problem...
AFAIK this is default Windows2008 behaviour in case S3 is supported by
the platform. But KVM supports S3 for Windows2008 guests only with QXL
display, so this raises the question: what is qemu command line on
the machine that it happens to and on the host where it does not happen.

> what could be worth noting is that CPU usage of qemu process drops
> to zero when this happens, otherwise windows guests eat quite a lot
> of CPU time even when "idle". Maybe I should somehow check what the
> process is doing? (how?)
That does look like S3 suspend. Can you run "info status" command on
qemu monitor when it happens?

--
			Gleb.