Re: Performance Analysis - EMUL_MTSPR: Increased counts

On 05/13/2013 04:32 PM, nitesh narayan lal wrote:
Hi,
I am doing the virtio performance analysis on PowerPC,with the updated
QEMU I had observed that the EMUL_MTSPR instruction counts in KVM Exit

Sounds you are saying this behaviour is only reproduced after you update QEMU. If so, you can use 'git bisect' easily to figure out this issued commit.

count is going really high when I send packets from Guest with respect
to without sending network packets from Guest.
I had added few prints and found that special register number 336
which corresponds to TSR:Timer Status is been called number of times

Which platform? Which CPU core?

which I think could result in a higher CPU Utilization.

How many processes else are running except for KVM guest?

Tiejun

I would be thankful if I could get some opinions about this observation.
Regards
Nitesh Narayan Lal