Re: [RFC] provide an API to userspace doing memory snapshot

于 2013-4-16 13:51, Stefan Hajnoczi 写道:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:03:36PM +0800, Wenchao Xia wrote:
   I'd like to add/export an function which allow userspace program
to take snapshot for a region of memory. Since it is not implemented yet
I will describe it as C APIs, it is quite simple now and if it is worthy
I'll improve the interface later:

We talked about a simple approach using fork(2) on IRC yesterday.

Is this email outdated?

Stefan

  No, after the discuss on IRC, I agree that fork() is a simpler
method to do it, which can comes to qemu fast, since user wants it.
  With a more consideration, still I think a KVM's mem snapshot would
be an long term solution for it:
  The source of the problem comes from acceleration module, kvm.ko, when
qemu does not use it, no troubles. This means an acceleration module
missed a function while caller requires. My instinct idea is: when
acceleration module replace a pure software one, it should try provide
all parts or not stop software filling the gap, and doing so brings
benefits, so hope to add it.
  My API description is old, the core is COW pages, maybe redesign if
reasonable.