Re: [kvmarm] [GIT PULL v2] KVM/ARM Fixes for 3.9-rc1

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 07:57:23AM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:40:00 -0800, Christoffer Dall
> <cdall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Marc Zyngier <marc.zyngier@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:31:48 -0800, Christoffer Dall
> >> <cdall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Christoffer,

> >> Can we please hold on that for a while? asm-offset.c is usually a
> >> candidate for merge conflicts as people start pushing patches post
> merge
> >> window, and it would make sense to see what is happening in that space.
> >>
> > Sure, when would you see this happen exactly?
>
> Usually, by -rc5 we have a pretty good idea of what is going in. Also,
> putting things into -next is a good way to detect potential problems.
>
> Oh, and keeping linux-arm-kernel into the loop. Most ARM developers don't
> follow the KVM lists.
>
>         M.

Mark, can you please be more verbose on the reason for this request?

Christoffer, patches which are not causing merge conflicts can be
integrated (note that the merge window exists so that development code
can sit on a development branch and be tested before integration).

After the merge window has closed, patches whose purpose is to stabilize
the code base are supposed to be integrated, and development code queued
for the next merge window.