KVM with Windows7 guests - USB pass throug and shutdown not working

Hi.

I'm seeing two issues with Windows7 running as a guest, maybe you can
point me to the right direction :)

1) Shutdown (selected from Windows itself) doesn't work, the system
reboots afterwards.

2) USB passthrough dosesn't work; I connect a camera to it (in order to
upgrade it's AGPS data with some Windows-only program) which is a mass
storage device.
The device shows up in Windows (device manager) and even with the model
name in some "connected devices list" but next to the device in the
device manager is a yellow triangle and it says "the device failed to
start (code 10)".
Reinstalling the driver, as windows suggests, doesn't help.

I'm using Debian sid, with kernel 3.7.3 and virt-manager/libvirt.

The VM was created with "Virt Type = kvm" and "Architecture = i686"...
at least that was selected in virt-manager.
The windows7 is a 32bit version.
Windows itself claimed to have some QEMU named CPU.

I found then out that when I later switched the processor model (in
virt-manager) to "kvm64" ... and force-shutdown/start (reboot alone
didn't help) both problems (1 and 2) were gone.
Windows itself claimed to have some KVM named CPU.

No idea though whether this is an issue in kvm, qemu-kvm, qemu or maybe
even just virt-manager/libvirt.
Anyway,.. it seems others on the web have had similar issues, too.

Cheers,
Chris.

(Please keep me CC'ed... I'm off list)