Re: kvm-kmod

On 2012-12-10 16:18, Jamie Fargen wrote:
> I am interested in utilizing the new builds of kvm on RHEL v6.3. Have
> some bugs which RHEL may not fix quickly.
>
> Would the kvm-kmod project be a quick way to grab new builds of kvm?
> Or is kvm-kmod for kernel older kernels like 2.6.26?
>
> The documentation is a little confusing to me.
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Getting_the_kvm_kernel_modules

In general, kvm-kmod is intended for such scenarios. The devil is rather
in the fact the RHEL kernels are heavily patched, and kvm-kmod was
developed against vanilla kernels regarding which features to expect in
which version. So you may have to resolve some build problems by
identifying the RHEL kernel, analyzing which additional features it has
(compared to vanilla), and adjust the wrapping/patching methods in
kvm-kmod accordingly. I'm open to review/merge such adjustments if
someone contributes them.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SDP-DE